OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Together Everyone Achieves More.
To go forward in Christ, to respect our neighbour and to always give our best.
St William of York is a Catholic Primary school providing a Christian Education based upon the Gospel values of: Honesty, Compassion, Forgiveness, Justice and Peace.
A fulfilment of our mission is when we see our children demonstrate these gospel values, when we see their positive views of themselves and the wider world, their excitement and their love of learning. By building their confidence, their inner belief, we equip them with the skills necessary to become lifelong learners and we prepare them for the next stage in their lives.
- To encourage children to become independent learners in a climate of joy, freedom, respect, challenge, cooperation and celebration.
- To enrich the lives of all pupils through their intellectual, physical, spiritual, moral, social and emotional development. Preparing the children to flourish in an ever changing world.
- To provide an education which promotes the dignity, self-esteem and full development of each person.
- Promote British Values through social justice, global awareness and concern for others, creating a culture of tolerance where people of diverse identities are welcome, respected and cherished.
- To have strong links with home, parish, neighbouring communities and High Schools.
- Ensure access for all pupils to a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum, whilst encouraging every child’s unique talents and spiritual growth.
- Create an environment which is both inspirational and harmonious and allows children to thrive and reach their full potential.
To achieve these aims and bring joy and brightness to the lives of our pupils we will:
- Value and celebrate the contributions and commitment made by all members of the community including pupils, parents, carers, professional staff, volunteers and members of the wider community
- Provide trained, qualified, enthusiastic, caring staff who will work with pupils in a safe, stimulating environment using appropriate, high quality resources
- Through the teaching of the Come and See Programme, educate our pupils in the traditions of the Church and give them an understanding and knowledge of the life and teachings of Jesus Christ
- Regularly review and evaluate the work of the school in order to maintain the high standards we expect of ourselves
- Through our own personal behaviour and example create an environment where everybody feels secure, valued and respected
- Provide a balanced curriculum which fully meets all statutory requirements
- Provide for our pupils experiences and opportunities beyond the curriculum to develop their interests and enhance their enjoyment