Geography – Summer Term
Fieldwork and Map skills (The local area.)
Here are some activities that you could do at home linked to this topic:
- Watch the video of the read aloud of 'Mapping Penny's World' then have a go of drawing an aerial plan of your bedroom
- Walk around your local area and record key features and landmarks by taking photographs then drawing pictures when you get home.
- Draw a simple map, remembering that it needs a title and a key.
- Use locational and directional language to describe feature and routes - give and follow simple instructions to get from one place to another using positional and directional language such as near, far, left and right.
- make a treasure map for someone in your family to find your hidden treasure!