A non-European society that provides contrasts with British history- The Mayan Civilisation c. 900
Man-made or natural disaster-which best explains the disappearance of the Maya around AD900?
- Say where a period of history fits on a timeline.
- Place a specific event on a timeline by decade.
- Place features of historical events and people from past societies and periods in a chronological order.
Historical Enquiry and Interpretation
- Is aware of the reliability of information/evidence.
- Uses artefacts as evidence to describe and make links.
- Shows an understanding of why there are different accounts/evidence which show different views of history.
Continuity and Change:
- Makes links between historical periods noting trends and connections in societies.
- Describes continuity and change throughout a period in history.
- Explains why they sequenced artefacts to show changes over time.
Cause and Consequence:
Makes links between the causes and behind events and situations.