Maths – 27th April 2020
This week in maths we are going to be concentrating on finding half and finding a quarter.
Here are some videos explaining halves and quarters
There are videos for you to watch, like last week on ‘white rose’ website with a worksheet to consolidate your learning. There is a video and sheet for each day and a challenge on Friday.
If you don’t have a printer at home then you could try some of the following activities:
- Draw simple shapes and draw a line of symmetry down the middle – colour in just HALF of the shape.
- Draw and cut out shapes – can you fold them into halves and quarters?
- Collect some of your cuddly toys or figures, count them and then see if you can split them into two equal groups – halving them. How many is in each group?
- Halving food – draw your own pizza – can you then cut it in half? Can you cut it in half again to make quarters? Ask a grown up to ask you questions such as – give me half of the pizza, give me a quarter of the pizza, etc.
- using cups, pour water into one so it is full. Now pour half of it into an empty cup – so that they have the same amount.