OUR MISSION STATEMENT
Together Everyone Achieves More.
To go forward in Christ, to respect our neighbour and to always give our best.
St William of York is a Catholic Primary school providing a Christian Education based upon the Gospel values of: Honesty, Compassion, Forgiveness, Justice and Peace.
A fulfilment of our mission is when we see our children demonstrate these gospel values, when we see their positive views of themselves and the wider world, their excitement and their love of learning. By building their confidence, their inner belief, we equip them with the skills necessary to become lifelong learners and we prepare them for the next stage in their lives.
- To encourage children to become independent learners in a climate of joy, freedom, respect, challenge, cooperation and celebration.
- To enrich the lives of all pupils through their intellectual, physical, spiritual, moral, social and emotional development. Preparing the children to flourish in an ever changing world.
- To provide an education which promotes the dignity, self-esteem and full development of each person.
- Promote British Values through social justice, global awareness and concern for others, creating a culture of tolerance where people of diverse identities are welcome, respected and cherished.
- To have strong links with home, parish, neighbouring communities and High Schools.
- Ensure access for all pupils to a broad, balanced and differentiated curriculum, whilst encouraging every child’s unique talents and spiritual growth.
- Create an environment which is both inspirational and harmonious and allows children to thrive and reach their full potential.